Five Fun Facts About Me
by ST Bende
Last time Tiffany was sweet enough to let me visit y’all, I shared five Five Fun Facts About Elsker. This time around, I thought I’d share five things about me. Here they are, in no particular order:
(1) I am a HUGE IndyCar fan -- something I share with Elsker’s Inga. I watch every race, squirrel away technical nuggets about the cars, and may or may not pick my favorites just because they’re cute. Does anyone else think cutie-pie British driver James Jakes looks like a certain Norse God we know and love?
(2) Imagine Dragons is my hands down favorite band. Like, ever. I have a playlist of about twenty-five songs I regularly write to, thirteen of which belong to The Dragons. Because they’re just that awesome.
(3) I am a total geek. I love Star Wars and Marvel and The Big Bang Theory. And just like Sheldon Cooper, the only animal I’d ever want to be eaten by is The Kraken, because the last words I’d hear would be RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!! (Didja know The Kraken is Norse? Apparently it hangs around the coasts of Norway and Greenland. Cool, right?)
(4) I’ve read every Shakespeare play. Except King John. Poor King John. I’m sure it’s really good. Has anybody ever read that play? If you have, please e-mail me. I’d love to ‘meet’ you.
(5) I cried when I wrote a certain scene in the garden of Ydalir in ELSKER. The one that ends with the champagne -- that one. Because I knew exactly how scary that moment was for Ull. And I cried again when I wrote a certain scene in ENDRE -- the one in the church, where Kristia’s wearing her grandmother’s dress. Because I saw that scene through Ull’s eyes, and I knew that moment meant more to him than he would ever be able to articulate. I tell the stories through Kristia’s POV, but Ull and his deeply buried vulnerability constantly tug at my heart. I love that god soverymuch.
Thanks so much for letting me visit again, Tiffany! Now tell me -- does anyone share my love of Imagine Dragons? If not, what are your favorite songs to read/write to?
Thanks for stopping by ST, can't wait to read Endre!